Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mount Doug first annual Film Festival!

I was recently asked to be a judge for a high school film festival.
Grade 11's through 12's would make their own little films and submit them to finally be screened on a projector in their library.
After an evening of high school film making, I was quite impressed!
From experience, I know how much effort, work, and time film making requires. It's always refreshing to see young high school kids motivated to film and just having fun.
Anyways, I'd just like to congratulate all those kids who told their own little visual stories.

Other news.
I've just completed a short animated segment for a documentary.
The documentary is to be filmed over the period of a weekend and submitted on Sunday.
I was given the job two days ago and with the strict time restraints, I had to illustrate and animate six short shots. I chose to go with a storybook look and not focus on actual animation(drawn frames, etc). Instead I focused on detailed illustrations to convey the information needed for each shot. At this current point in time, the compositions are rendering and I am about to get some rest! Video soon to be posted!

Here are some character scans for another animated segment I did a while back. Enjoy.

No comments: